casesensitive with cd name

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Sat Apr 9 11:29:29 EDT 2005

>Halo,
>my problem:
>
>given is a stack with 4 cds. There name is el, El, al, Al.
>in fld 1 of each of them is the name of this cd: el, El...
>
>put fld 1 of cd "Al"  - the result is al
>
>also if you put
>set the casesensitive to true
>put fld 1 of cd "Al" - the result is al.
>
>The same result is with looking for El
>
>Also :
>  go cd "Al" (or El) - you are brought to cd al (or al)
>
>How can I reach exactly that cd I wish?
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Christoph
>
>Is that problem solved in rev.?

I doubt. As I recall, all object and variable names are case
insensitive by definition. This is engine matter, so no difference
between MC and Rev.

You just need to come up with another naming scheme. If you really
need to use things like 'el' and 'EL', you try encode or digest
functions to convert them to unique strings.

Robert