Smaller stack size

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Fri Apr 1 16:55:51 EST 2005

Now this is odd, but a very happy odd.

As many of you know, I pulled all of the graphics out of the main
stack, put them into their own stack, and compressed that stack.  I
added a boatload of new graphics at the same time.

Now, in plain stack form, this saved about 1 MB even with the 100 or
so added graphics AND bigger stack size.  I added together the stack
sizes of the two stacks in the new version, versus the one stack in
the old version.

But once it was turned into a standalone, the total savings was about 9 MB!

I don't get it.  I mean, it's not logical.  I love it, but it's not
logical.  I keep looking at the folders to see what I missed, but I
didn't miss anything.  The last version standalone folder is 14.6 MB,
while the new version standalone folder is 5.9 MB.  (Standalones plus
additional stacks, text files, etc.)

Wow!
--
Mac and Windows shareware games