Internet communication through a Firewall

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 30 09:14:51 EDT 2004

on Tue, 28 Sep 2004
Richard Gaskin wrote:

> I still don't understand -- you're saddling your
> courseware with the MC
> IDE?  Why not make a custom progress window?  It's
> not hard to do, esp.
> if you start with a clone of the one in MC.

No, the purpose to understand the code in the MC
IDE is to know why my stacks could not communicate
with a cgi in my site to post an e-mail, while the
MC IDE is able to download and run a stack.

Now, (if i have understood well every explanation)
uploading data requires firewall permissions
while downloading data does not.

My ultimate choice is to save results in a binary
file and have the student use their own e-mail
to send to the teacher.

That's my first option for firewalled
computer laboratories. Any more insights?

Thanks to everyone for their help! :-)

al

=====
Visit my site: