easy externals question

FlexibleLearning at aol.com FlexibleLearning at aol.com
Mon Sep 27 11:17:41 EDT 2004

We have progress in my quest for structural simplicity :-)

As Ken said, Externals can be stored in another stack and accessed with
'start using' . But the stack does NOT have to be another stackFile... A  substack
works just as well, contrary to what I said before (which is  probably what
Ken meant in the first place and I mis-interpreted it!)

on preOpenStack
  put requiredExternalFilePaths() into tDLLs
  if the externals of stack "mySubStack" is not tDLLs then
    set the externals of stack "mySubStack" to tDLLs
    open inv stack "mySubStack" # with destroyStack set to  true
    close stack "mySubStack"
    start using stack "mySubStack"
  end if
end preOpenStack

Result is that the External/s can be set dynamically AND be immedaitely
available for use.

Now I have taught you all how to suck eggs, I'll file this for future
reference! ;-)

/H