easy externals question

FlexibleLearning at aol.com FlexibleLearning at aol.com
Thu Sep 23 15:26:43 EDT 2004

That's silly. How does RunRev get around it? Or  do they just assume we don't
use an external until the next  session?

/H

> What's the procedure to dynamically make the  externals of  a stack  readily
> available?
>
> Scenario:
> Stack with externals is copied to a new machine.  Stack opens, externals
> filepaths are re-set, so ask user to quit and try  again??
>
> Nah. There's got to be an easier  way!

Theoretically you can set the externals with the "startup" handler,  but
since that is sent to the first stack that is opened by the engine, it  would
have to be in a standalone for that to work. If you just have a  "normal"
stack that is opening in the Rev IDE, you'll have to set the  externals, save
the stack, then ask the user to quit and reopen it.

Ken Ray