ReSet passkey (was "For xxx sake!")

FlexibleLearning at aol.com FlexibleLearning at aol.com
Wed Sep 15 05:52:46 EDT 2004

So what's the next step? How easily/quickly can Tuv (?) close the  loophole
that has been created in 2.6.1 so "clone" (and other commands that  have now
been disabled) can be made to work again in a protected stack? I am  assuming
bribary is allowed?

And what's the workaround to allow 2.6.1 users access the features in  a
protected stack with these requirements?

As Ken explained:
> No, what (Hugh) is saying is that currently we have the ability to  unlock
a stack
> at runtime by setting the passkey. But you can't lock it  back up again at
> runtime; the password will protect the stack *after*  it's been closed and
> reopened (i.e. the passkey effect is temporary),  but during the *session*
> while the stack is open, you can't "re-protect"  it. This is something that
> is very much needed in order to "close the  loop" on security.

/H