audio files on 98 and 2000 w/o QT

cteno4 cteno4 at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 3 10:53:21 EDT 2004

I've been having trouble with a metacard (251) standalone on windows 98
and 2000. its not playing audio files (wav files) in a player on win 98
and 2000 when quicktime is not installed. does the caviat of players
working w/o quicktime for audio files in windows not hold for 98 and
2000? the player is visible (but off screen) audio files play fine in xp
w/o quicktime.

there are a lot of audio files to be played on this app/cd, so i cant do
them as clips and we would like to avoid forcing quicktime. nothing else
in the app needs qt.

any ideas?

ps i had tried converting this app to rev, but it would not build
standalones with it so i have stuck finishing this project in mc 251.

thanks

jeff

Jeffrey H. Reynolds
6620 Michaels Dr.