Solution: Display of groups in Control Browser

Wouter wouter.abraham at scarlet.be
Mon Nov 29 18:41:33 EST 2004

Re: Solution: Display of groups in Control Browser

Wilhelm Sanke
Mon, 29 Nov 2004 08:57:16 -0800
On Fri, 26 Nov 2004, WA (Wouter) wrote:

> Hi WA,
>

> I was out of office and home for three days.
>
>  Now tried your workaround for the "subtract from last item" problem
> with engine 2.6.2A2 (the latest one) on WindowsXP.
>
> Using my test stack with 3 groups - the first two groups containing 2
> controls each, the third group is a nested one with 4 controls
> altogether - the result is that from each group the last control is
> left totally un-indented.
>
> So your workaround - at least with my stack - seems to be only an
> approximation of a solution. Maybe there is indeed an additional
> problem with "subtract from".
>
> My "new indenting routine" - see my post of Nov 26 - sidesteps both a
> possible "number of layers" or "subtract" problem, as it does not use
> these parameters and makes use of the "long ID" property instead -
> that lists all owners of a control.
>

> Regards,
>

> Wilhelm Sanke

Hi Wilhelm,

I didn't see your reply before sending the one line solution.
I didn't notice the fault before.
But the more logical :
                        put last item of varname - x into varname
  seems to remedy the problem.

Greetings,
WA