Solution: Display of groups in Control Browser

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Mon Nov 29 17:56:15 EST 2004

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004, WA (Wouter) wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> The problem is in : subtract ... from last item of groupcontrols
> which the engine won't execute anymore (in this case) if there is only
> 1 item in groupcontrols.
> (sometimes it does, but I couldn't pinpoint the reason yet why it
> doesn't in this case)
>
> Here is a work around for the "subtract from last item" problem, which
> i use for the refresh handler in the "control browser",
> (### the changes)
>
> (snip)
> --if pad is not empty then subtract 1 from the last item of
> groupcontrols ###
> ### the change
> if pad is not empty then
> if the num of items in groupcontrols = 1 then subtract 1 from
> groupcontrols
> else subtract 1 from last item of groupcontrols
> end if
> ###
> (snip)
> Greetings,
> WA

Hi WA,

I was out of office and home for three days.

Now tried your workaround for the "subtract from last item" problem with
engine 2.6.2A2 (the latest one) on WindowsXP.

Using my test stack with 3 groups - the first two groups containing 2
controls each, the third group is a nested one with 4 controls
altogether - the result is that from each group the last control is left
totally un-indented.

So your workaround - at least with my stack - seems to be only an
approximation of a solution. Maybe there is indeed an additional problem
with "subtract from".

My "new indenting routine" - see my post of Nov 26 - sidesteps both a
possible "number of layers" or "subtract" problem, as it does not use
these parameters and makes use of the "long ID" property instead - that
lists all owners of a control.

Regards,

Wilhelm Sanke