Can't open engine

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Fri Nov 26 10:39:38 EST 2004

Hi Signe Marie Sanne,

> At 10:04 26.11.2004 +0100, you wrote:
>> Hello Marie,
>> No. Do NOT copy the complete application package.
>> Controlclick "Revolution(.app)", doubleclick "Contents". Among others
>> there is a folder "MacOS" and a Terminal file "Revolution".
>> Copy that file "Terminal file Revolution" into the folder
>> "MetaCard.app/Contents/MacOS/" in your older copy of the
>> MetaCard.app!
>> Then rename it to "MetaCard"
>
> Hello Claus,

That's still the other (tall) Claus, i am Klaus :-D

> where does "MetaCard.app" come from?

I suppose you have an old copy of MetaCard?

> And when you say the folder "MetaCard.app...", isn't that the bundle
> which must
> reside in a folder "MetaCardFolder" or something like that?

Yes, exactly.
Actually OS X applications ARE folders in disguise :-)
They do have a (hidden) suffix .app and thus appear as a single file in
the Finder...

So you must copy this file from within the bundle:

Revolution.app/Contents/MacOS/Revolution

to this file in the other bundle:

MetaCard.app/Contents/MacOS/MetaCard

> I would like to understand this before I give in and you send it to me.

Brava :-)

>> I can still offer to send you the "MetaCard.app" if you have trouble,
>> it's already ZIPped here and
>> awaiting its digital journey to Norway ;-)

Best

Klaus Major
klaus at major-k.de
http://www.major-k.de