Can't open engine

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Fri Nov 26 10:04:57 EST 2004

Hello Marie,

>>> Hello Claus,

That's the other Claus with a C :-)

> Since I have just started working on Mac OS X I can't make any sense
> of the instructions which I actually had read. So I need further
> clarifications (of which a part may be useful as additional
> information for the above link). Please correct me if I have
> misinterpreted anything:
>
> Step 1: Download the Mac OS X version of Revolution (which is placed
> in a folder "Revolution"). Open Revolution and Update. Close.

Yes.

> Step 2: In the folder "Revolution", select the Revolution icon and
> copy (the whole bundle is copied). By the way, the icon shows the name
> "Revolution", which actually is "Revolution.app".

No. Do NOT copy the complete application package.

Controlclick "Revolution(.app)", doubleclick "Contents". Among others
there is a folder "MacOS" and a Terminal file "Revolution".
Copy that file "Terminal file Revolution" into the folder
"MetaCard.app/Contents/MacOS/" in your older copy of the MetaCard.app!

Then rename it to "MetaCard"

That's all...

> So what do I do next, what is the executable mentioned above?
>
> If I just leave things as they are at this point, I'm perfectly able
> to work in the MC IDE, save the
> stack, port it to Windows etc. But no chance of making a standalone
> for Mac OS X...

I can still offer to send you the "MetaCard.app" if you have trouble,
it's already ZIPped here and
awaiting its digital journey to Norway ;-)

> 1. amanuensis Signe Marie Sanne      e-mail: signe.sanne at roman.uib.no
> Romansk Institutt                            tel:  +47 55 58 21 27
> Øisteins gt. 1
> 5007 Bergen             http://www.hf.uib.no/hfolk/mlab/Info/sms.html
> Norway

Best from germanski