Can't open engine

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Nov 25 08:08:16 EST 2004

Signe Marie Sanne wrote:
> At 12:45 25.11.2004 +0100, you wrote:
>
>> Hello Marie,
>>
>> i hope you are fine :-)
>

> Hello Claus,
> nice to get to know you and the other conference participants! I came
> back to freezing - 4 degrees C but with the nicest Christmas landscape,
> lots of snow. Now we are back to normal, 5 degrees and rain...
>
>> Wild guess, but this might be the mistake you made...
>>
>> You should do the following:
>>
>> Control-klick on "Revolution.app" and select "Show content" in the
>> menu...
>> Then do the same with your copy of MetaCard!
>>
>> Then copy this file:
>>
>> (From "Revolution.app") "Contents/MacOS/Revolution" to this location:
>>
>> (in the "MetaCard.app") "Contents/MacOS/" and rename THAT file to
>> "MetaCard"
>> No quotes, of course!
>>
>> That should do the trick...
>

> No, to no avail. Furthermore it stopped me opening MC completely. If I
> doubleclick on mcHome a splashscreen and the home palette with MetaCard
> 2.5 appears, and the screen freezes. So I have changed the name back to
> Revolution so far.

The trick now is to update the executable name in the info.plist file
within the bundle.

Perhaps the easiest way to use the latest engine with MC is to start
with a copy of the last MC OS X engine and copy only the executable from
within the Rev bundle and rename it "MetaCard" within the copy of the MC
bundle.

The instructions posted at the top of the MC IDE page will work well if
you start with a copy of the MC engine: