Can't open engine

Signe Marie Sanne signe.sanne at roman.uib.no
Thu Nov 25 12:24:01 EST 2004

Hello

I have a stack of 181 kb (FraMenyNy.mc) on Windows XP. Make a standalone,
everything is OK.
Move the stack to Mac OSX.

In order to open MC IDE on Mac I have done: Downloaded the latest version
of Revolution, checked for updates. Made a copy, renamed it to MetaCard.

I drag mcHome.mc onto MetaCard, the splash screen goes: MetaCard 2.6.1.
A warning goes: tools stack version (2.6) does not match engine version (2.6.1)

I doubleclick FraMenyNy.mc and then save it. Go to Edit -->Stack properties
--> Components --> Substacks and delete every substack (just in case).

In Resource Mover I check Ask dialog, Answer dialog, libURL, Cursors.
I check Components again: the 4 above are there, and in addition: Moved
Icons (??).

I go to Standalone builder: Under stack name I select FraMenyNy.mc, under
standalone file name I click Select and write FraMenyNy.app. Under MetaCard
engine I select MetaCard, which appears as "MetaCard.app".

I leave open Creator and click Build and get Can't open engine.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Best regards
Signe Marie Sanne

1. amanuensis Signe Marie Sanne      e-mail: signe.sanne at roman.uib.no
Romansk Institutt                            tel:  +47 55 58 21 27
Øisteins gt. 1
5007 Bergen             http://www.hf.uib.no/hfolk/mlab/Info/sms.html
Norway