front/backscripts and code that disappears

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Sat Nov 6 21:59:42 EST 2004

>Short question, did you use send with quotes?

>    send "myHandler" to cd fld "someField" of cd 1 of stack "someStack"
>
>Just a wild guess...

Short answer... nope :-)

Just a typo in the post.  Although I did even try taking the guts of
the handler and inserting them into the calling handler.

What myHandler did was to reset the front and backscripts in case
they got balled up.

Though all tests showed that they were still there. The very last
thing I had the very last called handler do was to "put backscripts()
into cd fld 1" so that I could see absolutely that the scripts
existed.

They did exist, and yet clicking on a button or menu item that called
upon the scripts failed.

Click outside the program, click back inside the program, and
suddenly it "sees" all the scripts again.  I don't get it.

Shari
--
Mac and Windows shareware games
http://www.gypsyware.com