Open as palette

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Tue May 18 16:52:20 EDT 2004

Recently, "Wouter"  wrote:

> What is the problem?
> Open stack from file menu always was toplevel. (see scripts)
> Open stack from script without mode opens the stack in the style it was
> set or not (default)
> Why would it be a bug? It is the way it is written.

I wish I had known this several years ago -- it would have saved many hours
of frustration.  You must admit this not intuitive, especially considering
that the same command (open) produces a different result solely by virtue of
from where it was issued.

I personally think stacks should "Open" in the mode they were saved, and you
should explicitly have to do something extra to open them in another mode,
something like "Open as...".  If the MC IDE is going to be used by "new"
users, then I think this is something that should be changed; if the IDE is
only going to be used by a discrete few, then it probably doesn't matter.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design