Plugins, fonts

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed May 12 22:48:15 EDT 2004

On 5/12/04 8:29 PM, Tariel Gogoberidze wrote:

> While we are on this and fully realizing how controversial this issue is,
> I'm always changing the MouseDown script of button "menuButton" of stack
> "MetaCard Menu Bar" to
>
> on mouseDown  which
>   if MCcheckEdit() then
>     put "edited" into stackstatus[MCtargetstack(the long id of the target)]
>     if which is 3 then
>       select the target
>       popup "MC SelectedObject Menu"
>     end if
>   end if
>   if the commandKey is down and the optionKey is down then
>     edit script of the target
>   else pass mouseDown
> end mouseDown
>
> and adding the following line after MouseUp of the same button
>
> on mouseUp which
>   if the commandKey is down and the optionKey is down then exit to MetaCard
>

> This allows  "HyperCard like" behavior of editing the script when you option
> + command click on control in any mode. Additional benefit, at least for me,
> is that in browse mode command + Option click edits the script of the
> control inside the group and in Pointer mode edits the script of the group.

I do something similar, but I put it into a frontscript so I don't have
to edit the IDE as much. My version doesn't have the neat side-effect of
editing objects/groups alternately though.

Here's mine:

on mouseUp -- in a frontscript
   if the optionkey is "down" and the commandKey is "down" \
       and "script editor" is not in the long name of the target
   then edit script of the target
   else pass mouseUp
end mouseUp

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com