Flash swfs

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at yahoo.com
Mon May 10 15:55:30 EDT 2004

on Mon, 10 May 2004
Simon Lord wrote:

> Yeah, that only takes care of half the features.
> Quicktime does a good
> job at playing swfs which were made using the
> timeline to generate
> animation.  Any interaction you normally see if just
> a hotspot pointing
> to a new location on that timeline.

Click and go interaction... with the advantage of
having cached already the destination frame.
something that web browsers still could not do.

> However, when coding directly in ActionScript and
> NOT using the
> timeline at all it fails to run in Quicktime - thus
> fails in MetaCard.

I do not think that the Quicktime developer team
could keep the fast pace of the Macromedia Flash
developer team. :-(

> Flash and MetaCard each have drawbacks, but combined
> they make for an
> extremely powerful tool.  Or *would* have made for a
> powerful tool if
> it was directly supported as an object that could be
> embedded and played.

Simon, for the platform Neobook does exist a dll
that put a flash movie into the neobooks projects.

Check this link:

http://www.flashnpack.com/neobook/

This russian developer have a lot of experience with
the Macromedia Flash format:

http://www.unhsolutions.net/Flash-Saving-Plugin/index.shtml

Do we start a poll to know how many developers
will use Flash in their projects?

If there are many of us, maybe we could raise
an initial good sum of money to contract one of
these developers to create a dll for RR/MC.

He could keep the source code and keep selling it
to more RR/MC developers.

I put a tag price of $50.00 dollars for an individual
unlimited commercial use of this dll.

What do you think simon?

al

=====