commandKeyDown

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu May 6 22:06:37 EDT 2004

On 5/6/04 8:11 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> Robert Brenstein wrote:
>
>> However, if reliably detecting this is too complicated, we could
>> settle for checking only which tool is active and skip cmd-number if
>> it is browse.

This wouldn't work for me either, I'm afraid. The reason I use these key
combos so much is because I do so many HC conversions. I get all kinds
of stacks with all levels of navigation control; some have no navigation
at all and have blocked the arrow keys. In these cases, before I start
tinkering with scripts, I just use the key-combos to navigate. It's all
temporary and mostly only when I first import a stack, but when you need
it, you need it.

> Or simpler still, if I'm the only one who minds having their
> command-keys hijacked I can just continues suspending the IDE as I have
> for some time. :)
>
> It's al about ROI.  If no one needs it but me I can take care of my own
> workflow needs....

I've hit the snag only once so far. I needed Cmd-number in one of my own
scripts and the override got irritating. So far though, it's only been
an issue for me that one time.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com