popup stacks bug?

FlexibleLearning at aol.com FlexibleLearning at aol.com
Mon Mar 29 11:32:38 EST 2004

Strange behaviour ...

A stack that is popped up from a cascading menu button is consistently offset
BEHIND the menu panel in win32. This makes selecting objects in the popup a
triffle tricky given the darn popup stack closes at the drop of a hat as the
mouse leaves the cascading button. A fast mouse action avoids the problem
(giving no time to trap the mouseloc). Not a problem in MacOS as the popup stack is
displayed correctly, ie offset ABOVE the menu panel.

Is this a bug? Confirmation requested!

Setup: mc2.51 and rev2.12, using win2k and OS9.2

'Tear off' Question ...
Has anyone managed to implement 'tear off' stacks from a cascading button? I
am unable to find a message I can trap (like mouseMove with mouseDown) whilst
the popup is in an 'active' state. The best I have come up with is trapping
the selected button after the event as normal, so it's more a 'click off' than a
'tear off'! Anyone?

/H