metacard Digest, Vol 6, Issue 10

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Mar 26 12:58:56 EST 2004

On 3/26/04 7:21 AM, John Ranck, D.M.A. wrote:

> Thanks for the response.
>
> Nothing happened when I did what you suggested. Does the message window
> work differently in Revolution? In Metacard I just hit Enter to have the
> program perform the command. Hitting Enter in Revolution doesn't seem to
> do anything. Should I be doing something different? The file name is in
> the toolbar above the message so I'm assuming that the message box is
> looking at the correct file. I've even tried a simple "find" command and
> that's not workin either - with "find 'do0xxx'" or "find 'do0xxx' in
> stack 'index'" where do0xxx is the number of a box in our offsite
> inventory and index is the name of the stack.

Puzzling. In Rev there are two different message box configurations; the
first is a single-line entry field and the second allows multiple-line
script entry. The multiple-line entry field requires the enter key to
trigger. The single-line entry field will accept either the return key
or the enter key. In either case, typing the enter key should work though.

I've not heard any other reports about the message box not working, so
I'm stumped. What happens if you just type this into the message box:

   answer "hi"

Does that work?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com