Problem with DontWrap plus announcement

Alain Farmer alain_farmer at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 28 14:47:49 EDT 2004

Hello Alejandro,

>> PS: I have just completed the scripting of a MC
>> stack that automatically transforms the layout
>> of the cards into the corresponding DHTML in a
>> WYSIWYG manner.

> Is this like Adobe Golive or Macromedia Dreamweaver?

Very much like them. In some respects, mine is better,
in other respects theirs is better. Example they allow
you to manipulate the tables interactively, while mine
does not. Mine creates a set of fields instead. A bit
of a hack, but it does the trick. Rowspans & colspans
are implemented by deleting one+ fields and stretching
the existing ones. The code I generate is impeccable,
though ; much better than any HTML-generating tools I
have ever experienced.

>> posting of the HTML files and images
>> to the selected server.

> Using FTP?

This is still a work-in-progress. Maybe a simple post
command would do the trick. It would/will if/when my
RPC stuff was/is ready. In XML-RPC the payload posted
can be anything you wish, including binary files. Does
anyone here have any suggestion(s) for me on how to
implement a file-transfer capability from within MC ?

>> the code that this stack generates is 100%
>> standards-compliant and runs on ALL versions
>> of ALL major browsers, even ... Explorer 6.

> This is a major achievement, Alain!

Thank you. I *will* take a bow on this one. ;-)

> I hope that in future versions you ...

Or someone else who cares too, e.g. it's open source.

> ... could include an extensive tutorial on
> converting mc scripts in javascripts.

I have *NOT* achieved this capability *AT ALL*. The
pgm creates the JavaScript it needs for some simple
operations, like rollovers for example. Btw it's an
awesome IDEA though that I hope someone pursues.

> Eric Engle had wrote a very interesting article,
> but he did not give too much examples.

Mapping HyperTalk and JavaScript is a monumental task,
perhaps even un-do-able because the DOM of the web and
the 'headspace' of HyperCard are *radically*
different.

> Congratulations!
> Keep up your good work!

Thank you for encouraging me, Alejandro. :)

Stay tuned for more news and a release.  :))

Alain