Editing groups

FlexibleLearning at aol.com FlexibleLearning at aol.com
Mon Jun 14 13:37:23 EDT 2004

>I'd like to use a group as a mask object.  That way when objects  are
>dragged they are clipped at the edge of the group unlike the current
>situation whereby the object can be dragged willy nilly over the
>interface.
>
>My question is how can we choose the image  tool and draw an image in
>the group during runtime?  I remember  doing this years ago but have
>since lost that stack.

Hi  Simon:

Welcome back. I've been 'awal' also for about 2  years myself, and yes the MC
IDE is well supported (I'm still on 2.51 so cannot  apply metal effect but
renewing to an Enterprise licence allowed me to upgrade  from 2.4 without a
problem).

As far as limiting objects within a group goes, I  did this by trapping
mouseMove and setting the object loc to the mouseLoc only  if the object top> grp
top, bottom< grp bottom, left>grp left and  right< grp right.

/H

Hugh  Senior
The Flexible Learning Company
Consultant Programming &  Software Solutions
Fax/Voice: +44 (0)1483.27 87 27
Email: _mailto:h at flexibleLearning.com_ (mailto:admin at flexibleLearning.com)
Web:  _www.flexibleLearning.com_ (http://www.flexiblelearning.com/)