Rev question

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Jun 14 10:35:21 EDT 2004

Simon Lord wrote:

> If I buy Rev, how do I assure myself I can keep the MC IDE?  I have
> not actually seen screenshots or a download link.

RunRev acquired the engine only, and Scott Raney donated the MC IDE to
the world by allowing it to live on as an open source project (press
release at <http://www.runrev.com/company/pressreleases/html/10.shtml>).

The "Get MetaCard" page at metacard.com describes this relationship,
with a link to runrev.com for the engine and to the MC IDE's new home:

MetaCard licenses have been migrated to Rev Enterprise licenses.
Whenever you upgrade your Rev license you can request a reg code for the
MC IDE.

Since the acquisition, the MC IDE has had two releases and a third is in
testing now, making it more frequently updated than ever before. :)

A "History and Roadmap" of the MC IDE project was posted to this list a
few weeks ago:
<http://www.mail-archive.com/metacard@lists.runrev.com/msg10627.html>