Resize stack

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Sat Jun 12 15:58:29 EDT 2004

>Shari wrote:
>
>>>I just pulled this from my post for you: Opening a stack sends a
>>>whole series of messages: at least preOpenStack, preOpenCard,
>>>suspendStack, focusIn, openStack, openCard, mouseEnter,
>>>suspendStack, focusOut, resumeStack, focusIn, but even more are
>>>possible. I got this list from Message Watcher. They are a tad
>>>different in standalone.
>>>
>>>Robert Brenstein
>>

>>Very interesting.  I wonder what would be different in a
>>standalone. I did not see resizeStack in there.
>
>A resizeStack message may be sent if the stack being opened has a
>menubar and is being opened on a Mac while its editMenus property is
>false.
>
>--
>  Richard Gaskin
>  Fourth World Media Corporation

I think I was seeing resizestack without having menubar in my stack
but I may be confusing things now. In IDE, things may also vary
depending whether any palettes are open. And when opening invisibly,
some open msgs are not sent.

Anyway, you can use one of the standalone message watchers (as
opposed to the one built into IDE) to see what's really going on in
your stack when running in IDE or standalone.

http://www.fourthworld.com/rev/  (4W UmbrellaMan)
http://www.robelko.com/metacard/mw.html (Robelko Msg Watcher)

Tip: in standalone, activate watching from the startup handler if you
want to watch the mainstack.

Robert Brenstein