Resize stack

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Fri Jun 11 01:05:21 EDT 2004

>Exactly.  Though it makes no sense why it should be overwritten.  I
>consider it to be a Metacard quirk.  I took the "save new size" out
>of the resizeStack handler, and put it into a special handler that
>the user must call upon in a Preferences menu.

Well, actually, I don't think it is a quirk. Since the message is
sent, your resizeStack handler is triggered and it saves the current
values. It just happens that these are wrong values. Why they are
wrong is a different story.

>Not my first choice but it does work.  I looked all over the
>Metacard docs for the sequence of events of a stack opening but did
>not find it.  I know it must be there but it is well hidden.
>
>Mac and Windows shareware games

I just pulled this from my post for you: Opening a stack sends a
whole series of messages: at least preOpenStack, preOpenCard,
suspendStack, focusIn, openStack, openCard, mouseEnter, suspendStack,
focusOut, resumeStack, focusIn, but even more are possible. I got
this list from Message Watcher. They are a tad different in
standalone.

Robert Brenstein