Resize stack

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Thu Jun 10 18:26:43 EDT 2004

>Shari, I think your scheme failes because resizestack is called in
>the opening sequence and overwrites the saved values. I ran into
>this in one of my programs. If I recall, I used a global that is set
>after the opening ritual and the prefs file is modified only if this
>global says we are in normal execution mode. I posted the sequence
>of opening events in the thread discussing plugins not so long ago.
>
>Robert Brenstein

Exactly.  Though it makes no sense why it should be overwritten.  I
consider it to be a Metacard quirk.  I took the "save new size" out
of the resizeStack handler, and put it into a special handler that
the user must call upon in a Preferences menu.

Not my first choice but it does work.  I looked all over the Metacard
docs for the sequence of events of a stack opening but did not find
it.  I know it must be there but it is well hidden.

I remember the plugins thread but skimmed over it.  If I get a chance
I will look for it and save it to my Metacard Info folder (where I
save tidbits that I know will be of use later :-)
--
Mac and Windows shareware games
http://www.gypsyware.com