reinvestigation of the errormessages

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Jun 10 07:20:18 EDT 2004

Wouter wrote:

> Hi fellow error victims,
>
> In the "refresh" handler of the "execution error" stack there are the
> following lines:
>

>     put the number of lines in ee into lc
>       if lc > 100
>     then delete line 100 to lc of ee
>
> Further on in the refresh handler there is a repeat loop which starts with:
>
>      repeat with i = the number of lines in ee down to 1
>
> by which the lines of the ee variable are reversed
> a bit further this is undone by:
>
>     put em & cr before field "Error Message"
>
> If there are more than 100 lines in the ee variable the important
> information at the end of ee is send to cyberheaven.
> If there is no cut off, but still a lot of lines then the important info
> is found at the bottom of the fld "Error Message" of stack "execution
> error" (which takes long to scroll down).
> I think it is time to rewrite, optimize and adapt this refresh handler
> to the fast growing and changing engine.

While I'm no fan of the Execution Error dialog design, this specific
issue has already been verified as being specific to the engine, and was
fixed there.

The only remaining question is whether we must wait until the next
version for that and go back to v2.5.1 to get work done in the meantime,
or if the RR crew will consider releasing an update to the v2.6 engine
that makes it possible to script with it reliably.