tabbed buttons

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Wed Jun 9 14:38:39 EDT 2004

I have noticed this earlier and ignored, but I have now a new stack
that exhibits the same problem. So is anyone seeing this?

The problem: when I click a tab, the neighboring tab (the one to the
left) is hilighted and menupick executes according to the hilighted
not clicked tab -- as if I clicked an inch to the point where I
really clicked. If the last tab is misbehaving, I need to click in
the space to the right of that tab to get it highlighted.

The tabbed button in each case is in a bg group by itself and has
many tabs, 11-14 tabs. This does not seem to happen for buttons that
do not have so many tabs. The menupick script has only a single go to
another card.

It seems to happen only in stacks produced with an earlier engine and
running with 2.6 engine. No problems when running same stacks with
2.5.1* or 2.5 engine. I first noticed this in a stack that has been
in use for a few years. However, so far, I failed to reproduce this
in a new test stack produced either in 2.5 or 2.6.

Even more puzzling is that this behavior is not consistent. Mostly
these tabs work 100% correct. When the problem shows, only a few tabs
misbehave. More often on the right end than left. Sometimes clicking
second time the same tab, highlights the correct tab. But not always.
No clear pattern. No receipe.

Robert Brenstein

* In 2.5.1 another issue is visible: when switching cards, the card
flickers as if it was displayed twice but turning buffering on
eliminates this. Funny, that buffering is not needed under 2.5 or
2.6. But I don't care much about 2.5.1 since I want to move all my
stacks from 2.5 to 2.6.