Format question

Simon Lord slord at marelina.com
Mon Jun 7 04:42:09 EDT 2004

I have a tricky issue where I want to run a script to remove double
spaces in the script of an object but not damage any code which is
actually injecting it into something.  To be clear, I want the
following:

set the visible   of image "monkey"  to   true

... to look like this:

set the visible of image "monkey" to true

... but what i don't want to do is affect any code trying to do
something with spaces.  For instance:

put "Hello    there" into fld 1

... depending on how many times I run my code to clean the extra spaces
between words this script can end up looking like this:

put "Hellothere" into fld 1

So I guess what I'm saying is I don't want to affect spaces between
quotes.

Any ideas?

Sincerely,
Simon