Crash and burn

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Thu Jun 3 14:32:33 EDT 2004

I know there isn't a fix for this, and y'all are going to tell me to
start the entire project and rebuild every square inch of it.  But I
was one day away from final release, and to add weeks to the
release... dang it all!

Everything was working perfectly, initial beta testing was good,
turned it into a standalone and several things failed.  Some code
hadn't been saved, some coloring hadn't taken hold, the Help btn
wasn't the last button, small potatoes.  Fixed 'em all and next thing
I know, the entire thing seems to be corrupted.

Reinstalled Metacard.  No change.

Card 1 has a graphic that now does not appear on launch (and it is
visible and not behind anything).  Leave the card and come back and
voila, the graphic appears.  Nothing in the openCard scripts to make
it show up.

Card 1 has a field, a Table of Contents field with each line being a
link to a card.  Sometimes when clicking on a link, Metacard quits.
Other times with the SAME link, it works.

There is a Table of Contents menu that has the same problem.  So this
cannot be a card 1 issue.

Cards > 2 have a button that goes to cd 1.  Sometimes it works,
sometimes it fails (Metacard quits).

on mouseUp
   visual effect "checkerboard"
   go cd "Table of Contents"
end mouseUp

This actually started when I was editing something (either field text
or attempting to open a script to edit it) and instead of doing the
deed, the beach ball started spinning, and spun and spun and spun and
I had to force quit.  Then almost everything I did caused the beach
ball to spin and spin and spin and force quit.

Pretty hopeless?

In rebuilding, will I have to rewrite every inch of text and reformat
it all with the colors and links etc.?  And create everything brand
new?

Or can I copy/paste the fields and buttons?

In other words, WHAT exactly gets corrupted?  Do objects get
corrupted or is it something "hidden"?

--
Mac and Windows shareware games
http://www.gypsyware.com