IDE and libUrl

Dave Cragg dcragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Tue Jul 27 22:12:48 EDT 2004

On 26 Jul 2004, at 20:42, Brian Yennie wrote:

> This reminds me of the warning the tools stack used to always give me
> when I got new beta releases of Metacard- that the version of the
> tools stack didn't match the version of the engine. Could we use this
> same sort of logic, and maybe add an extra line or two to the IDE to
> specifically check for a matching version of libURL? The user could of
> course ignore the warning, but at least they'd be likely to understand
> why their URL scripts were failing after receiving said warning...

It may not be so straightforward. In the case of a new version of
libUrl (>= 1.1) with an old engine (< 2.6.1) I think a script error
will pop up as soon as the engine tries to run/compile the script. I
haven't checked out the details yet, but doesn't the engine start
compiling scripts as soon as a stack is loaded?

Cheers
Dave