Ollie Ollie Oxen Free

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Sun Jul 25 12:49:29 EDT 2004

Recently, "Ken Ray" wrote:

>> Also, does OSX even use icons anywhere in dialogs anymore?
>> Anyone have an example?
>
> Sure, turn on the "show trash warnings" in the Finder PReferences, throw
> something out and choose Finder -> Empty Trash. The large 48x48 icon is
> there. It's just like in Rev - mostly a 48x48 icon, but with an overlaid
> 32x32 in the lower right for warnings, errors, etc.

OK that's a useful example.  I have to say I've never used the gRevAppIcon
thing, and I've usually customized the MC answer dialog in the rare cases
I've used it in a project.

Anywhere else?

(Seriously, I can't recall anywhere I've seen icons in dialogs on OSX except
maybe in a few shareware apps that rolled their own custom displays.  The
empty trash example is good but again, it's not something I've ever used :-)

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, Development & Design