Don't autoinsert default handler ('on mouseup/end mouseup')?

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Wed Jul 21 14:55:36 EDT 2004

I would like to suggest that either (a) when a script opens for the first
time there is no default handler inserted (like "on mouseup/end mouseup" for
buttons), OR (b) that if the script automatically had that entered and the
script is just closed, that it ditch said handler.

Why am I asking for this? I have a series of centralized handlers at the
card or stack level that manages what to do when objects are clicked, and
invariably I will accidentally look inside a button to see if it's got the
script I'm looking for, find that it's empty (actually it has "on
mouseup/end mouseup"), close it and now all of a sudden when I click on the
button nothing happens. I have to go *back* into the button script, remove
the "on mouseup/end mouseup" and close it.

I don't know how many of you have run into this same kind of thing, but it's
an annoyance to me so I thought it might be an annoyance to others as well,
and if we're getting set to get a new IDE, now would be the time to say
something. :-)

Thanks,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software