Undocumented changes

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Jul 20 19:36:29 EDT 2004

Alain Farmer wrote:

> Hello Wouter and y'all,
>

>>Only wondering why slowly all those little
>>differences are creeping in. Undocumented
>>little changes, to be discovered by
>>(sometimes enervated :-) users.
>

> This may be stretching this out of context but I would
> like to chipin that more & more software, particularly
> web stuff, requires an EMPIRICAL approach because the
> docs are either absent or in very-serious need of some
> refactoring. I *love* good docs, but when they are not
> forthcoming ( as in this case ), then you have to make
> do as best you can and seek a little bit of help from
> your friends ( on this list ).  :)

Agreed.  We need a good solution for updating the docs in MC without

I had made a shell that lets you import the content of the Rev
Transcript Dictionary -- I should post it to the MC Group at Yahoo for
review.  It needs work, and new icons (Mr. Rossi, you reading this?
<g>), but at least it'll keep the language docs up to date.

Fortunately the IDE changes very little, so there's not much need for
updating those docs. :)