Vector data

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 19 13:41:45 EDT 2004

on Mon, 19 Jul 2004
Simon Lord wrote:

> I own both Freehand and Illustrator,
> I use Freehand to work in and
> Illustrator to import my work and save as .ai for
> certain clients.
[snip]
> I'm saving as Illustrator version 7 (eps) **from**
> within Illustrator
> but I'm getting thrown errors with the eps
> importer.  Trying different things until something
> works...

Probably is my fault to call this handler "EPS
import", because in fact it imports the AI file format
that is a subset of the full featured EPS format.

Try to export to Illustrator version 7 from
Macromedia FreeHand. (not .eps, but .ai)

If possible, i'll like to download the AI test file
that you are importing to metacard.

Post it compressed as zip in a web or ftp link.

Do you find in the "Read me" about the
differences between ilustrator and metacard
vector formats?

al

=====
Visit my site: