converting stacks to html

Alain Farmer alain_farmer at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 18 15:06:17 EDT 2004

Hello RCS and y.all,

> Converting stacks to html...hasn't everyone figured
> out how to do this? It's quite simple actually...

I have been hand-coding HTML output from within stacks
for years. Most of the material on this subject in the
Pan comes from yours-truly. If I did not craft it then
I am at least aware of it, for I am the Pantechnicon.s
host.

But this is *slightly* different. It allows anyone who
can layout a stack to create the equivalent web pages,
e.g. WYSIWYG DHTML. Moreover these WYSIWYG DHTML pages
will display perfectly on ALL versions of Netscape and
Explorer. As recent as MSIE 6.x and as old as Netscape
4.7. It has been reported to me, by my sys.Admin, that
it also works well with other recent web browsers like
Safari, Konqueror, etc. And I.ve no doubt that it does
because the generated code is 99.9% compliant with the
standards, even with the E-X-T-R-E-M-E-L-Y fussy MSIE
6.x!

Layout a stack in MC, or import one from HC; click a
button ; and, voila, you have the corresponding web
site. Not just a "page", eh! But a WHOLE web *site*,
one page per card.

Projection: it currently supports only fields, images,
and horizontal-rules, but in the very near future my
sponsor wishes the support of the following:

* Quicktime
  * QT
  * Flash
* Buttons
  * Menus
  * Checkboxes
  * RadioButtons

Enough commercial already, eh!  ;-)

In the coming days, I will be releasing a generic
version to be shared with y'all ( licence=LGPL ).

Stay tuned,

Alain