messed up custom menus

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Tue Jul 13 00:04:28 EDT 2004

Hi Ken,

> Richard wrote:
>
>> So these days I tend toward very explicit references:
>>
>>    put tMyMenuContents into btn "Edit" of stack "MyMenuBar"
>
> Klaus wrote:

Actually Scott R. wrote this... ;-)
>> on setupedit
>>    local otype
>>    put word 1 to 2 of the selobjs into otype
>>    if word 1 of otype is "card" and word 2 of otype is among
>> the items
>> of "field,button,image,player,scrollbar,graphic"
>>    then delete word 1 of otype
>>    else delete word 2 of otype
>>    if otype is empty or otype is "card" or otype is "stack"
>>    then disable menuItem 9 of menu "Edit"
>>    else
>>      enable menuItem 9 of menu "Edit"
>>      if word 1 of the selobjs is "group" and the number of
>> lines in (the
>> selobjs) is 1
>>      then put "Un&group/G" into menuItem 9 of menu "Edit"
>>      else put "&Group/G" into menuItem 9 of menu "Edit"
>>    end if
>>    if the editBackground of the topStack
>>    then put "Stop Editing &BG/T" into menuItem 10 of menu "Edit"
>>    else put "&Backgrounds.../T" into menuItem 10 of menu
>> "Edit"
>> end setupedit
>
> It seems like we should apply Richard's thinking to the MetaCard
> Menubar...
> to retrieve the data from the button, change it, then reset the data
> of the
> button (explicitly!) we'd get around any of these kinds of bugs.

I think i can workaround this for now by adding the correct descriptor
to the
appropriate lines like:

else put "&Backgrounds.../T" into menuItem 10 of menu "Edit" of grp\
         "MetaCard Menu Bar" of cd 1 of stack "mctools"

Looks like this could work?
No probably not, since this will surely mess up MY "edit" menu again ;-)

I better try this

else put "&Backgrounds.../T" into line 10 of btn "Edit" of grp
"MetaCard...
## THAT is where is is meant to go...

> Just my 2 cents,

And my (old) german "Groschen" (= a dime, but the "Groschen" has gone
with the DeutschMark :-)

> Ken Ray
> Sons of Thunder Software
> Email: kray at sonsothunder.com