MetaCard-based WYSIWYG editor

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Thu Jul 1 12:17:01 EDT 2004

Bon jour Alain,

> Hello Klaus,
>
>> A tiny word of warning about this little handler
>> WOULD have been a good idea! ;-)
>
>> on refreshUserImages
>>    if the number of card images > 0 then
>>      put getCurrentFolder() into currentFolder
>>      repeat with x = 1 to the number of card images
>>        get currentFolder & "User/Images/" &
>> userImageRelativePath(x)
>>        set the filename of card image x to it
>>      end repeat
>>    end if
>> end refreshUserImages
>
> The gist of this is that all the background parts that
> appear on all cards are only done once and separately,
> and the "users" parts are the CARD parts. IOW it's how
> my system distinguishes between GUI vs USER parts.

Sure, it is OK for your project, of course...

I was just a bit ehmm. surprised :-)

>> (my french is much worse that i always pretend :-D
>
> Sorry about the language barrier. The person mandating
> this project insists on having *everything* in French;
> everything they SEE that is! Since you have looked at
> my code (smile), you have probably noticed that it is
> coded bilingually, e.g. english AND french. I do this
> intentionally becoz using french names for variables,
> properties, and so on, is GUARANTEED to NOT conflict
> with MetaCard's namespace (which in only in english,
> of course).

Ever seen my scripts?
The same mix, but english/german...

In case of naming vars etc... it IS good not to be a native english
speaking person :-D

>> and closed that stack again...
>> But its "destroystack" property was set to false...
>> Then i opened one of my current projects and my
>> heart stopped missing a beat, since
>> all my INTERNAL images were GONE!
>
> Oh my God! I never suspected that this might occur.
> Not ever. Wow! What a slipup! I beg your pardon. I
> will set the "destroystack" property as you suggest.

Not for me, please!

Maybe it is important for your app to leave it as it is?

> What happened is this : my Editor starts using a stack
> that continues to be in the stacksInUse after you have
> CLOSED the stack. I don't stop using on close because
> the editor is only ONE of 7 stacks in this suite which
> share this stackInUse.

That was my experience :-)

>> "Tonnerre de Brest!",
>> as Cpt. Haddock used to say :-D
>
> Boy am i GLAD that you ended your above sentence with
> a SMILE instead of a FROWN. I will endeavour to make
> it better. Thank you for this important feedback. :)

A votre service, monsieur!

>> I was totally clueless
>> but fortunately i quitted without saving...
>
> On a "sauver les meubles"!  ;-))

Oui, exactement! :-)

> ( english translation: the hull is breached, captain,
> but she will NOT founder! )

Freely translated...

>> Then i searched and found the little sucker...
> What did you think of my coding style ?
> Were you able to infer how it works by examination ?
> Was the code "self-explanatory" ?
> Did it SPEAK to you ?

Sorry, but there was "Pat Martino"*** playing guitar in the background
and i was only searching for that little sucker...

***The great jazz-guitar player who looks exactly like Rob C. :-D

But i will have another look after diownloading the new version...

> Pssst! if you answered YES to the last question, then
> you should probably consult some qualified help. ;-)))

Ah, a trick question! (I am not sure, if THEY like taht!)

(Being not paranoid does not necessarily mean that they are NOT after
you!)

:-D

>> I will give it another try ;-)
> My next version will be online in about 30 minutes,
> e.g. the time it takes me to finish responding to this
> and a few other e-mails. :)

Got it...

>> Au revoir
>> Klaus Major
> Translated : "See ya" !  ;-)
> Alain

Auf wiedersehen...
Translated: "I like your mother's beard..."

Regards

Klaus Major
klaus at major-k.de
http://www.major-k.de