Using mctools code in your Application

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Jan 31 13:52:52 EST 2004

Alejandro Tejada wrote:

> on Fri, 30 Jan 2004 22:33:14 -0800
> Richard Gaskin wrote:
>
>> It would appear that the X11 terms Dr. Raney
>> approved for the MC IDE allow
>> you to cannibalize parts at will.
>>
>> Please review the Copyrignht and Permissions Notice
>> for MC in Help->Licensing to verify.  I'm no
>> attorney, but it's my understanding that
>> free and open use of his work was Dr. Raney's
>> intention.
>
> Ok, I'll check the license, but i don't speak
> legalese, either. (The jargon of attorneys)

While California state law requires me to note that I'm not an attorney, I
can tell you  his intention was to allow free and open use.

> By the way, when you write Dr. Raney, it feels
> like if Scott Raney is a Doctor in Medicine,
> but he is a Doctor in Computer Science. Right?
>
> If not, Is Scott Raney working in Medicine now?

As I understand it his doctorate is in cognitive psychology.

"Raney" sounds almost pejorative, and we have too many "Scott"s here to use
his first name, so I've been having fun with his doctorate in referring to
him here to distinguish him from Mr. Rossi (unless he holds a doctorate
too).