compound if alternatives

Huisingh, Larry R Larry_R_Huisingh at RL.gov
Mon Jan 26 08:16:43 EST 2004

You only need to compare against t1, t2, etc. one time each.  See below
if c < t1 then
   do1
else if c < t2 then # >=t1 is implied
   do2
else if c < t3 then # >=t2 is implied
   do3
else if c < t7 then
   do7
else
   # We already know that it is not < t7 because we are in the else clause
   # Therefore c must be >= t7
   do8
end if

This should do what you need.