MC-REV Event similar to AppleEvent?

RCS rcs at rcsprogramming.com
Sun Jan 25 07:28:29 EST 2004

I am trying to stay away from anything 'interpreted. Unless I am
misunderstanding how MetaCard/RunRev works, I believe scripts are converted
to something 'native' when you close the script for that object...using the
'do' command requires that your script be interpreted 'on the fly'. This can
make things very slow. I know I read this somewhere in the docs or an
email...something like "using the 'do' command can slow your script
execution down by a factor of 10". I was also in correspondence with Scott
Raney about some script debugging, and he mentioned that a feature I wanted
was not possible because the saved scripts are in a form similar to C++ or
Java...leading me to believe that they are in some kind of 'bytecode' form.

Having a 'built-in' handler simply pass the event (with related data) to my
object would have allowed me to, in turn, pass that on to my 'Main' handler
using a very small script...making it possible to use the 'set script'
command in a stand-alone to update my objects to a 'native' script form
(rather than using your proposed method).

Am I making any sense?
;-)

JR