MC-REV Event similar to AppleEvent?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Jan 19 13:21:42 EST 2004

RCS wrote:

>> To craft a solution that better meets your needs, can you tell us a bit
>> more about the specifics of what you're looking to do, maybe with an
>> example of how you'd like to use it?

> on hWindowEvent theEvent, theData
>
> SWITCH theEvent
> CASE "openStack"
> -- do this
> break
> CASE "mouseDown"
> if theData = 3 then
> -- right-click
> else
> -- do that
> end if
> break
> DEFAULT
> -- do the other
> break
> end SWICH
>
> end hWindowEvent
>

> I really don't want an 'idle' handler (or 'send to' handler) parsing
> everything that is happening in my environment...I thought there might be
> something 'native' that was not mentioned in the docs.

What is the benefit of parsing an event rather than handling them directly?
You could, for example, have a frontScript with:

on openStack
   -- do this
  pass openStack
end openStack

on mouseUp
  -- do this
  pass mouseUp
end mouseUp

...etc.

PS: What's gone wrong with the MC list server to cause the reply-to address
for RCS' messages to be:

 "RCS , Discussions on Metacard"
<rcs at rcsprogramming.commetacard@lists.runrev.com>

That's an invalid address, requiring hand-editing.  Odd.
Who's the list mom for this list?