Compression and Encryption

Ray Horsley Ray at LinkItOnline.Com
Thu Jan 8 08:36:53 EST 2004

Thanks for your reply, Brian.  I, too, found the mcEncrypt to be
undocumented.  The way I learned of it is through studying Metacard's "Ask
Dialog" stack.  If you specify "ask password" it encrypts the user's data.
Short of writing my own encryption/decryption scheme, I may decide to use
base64encode and decode functions of Metacard which uses the base64 (RFC
2045) wherever that comes from, although this doesn't reduce the size of the
data, and it actually appears to increase it somewhat.  Let me know if you
can think of any other problems using base64encode.

Thanks,

Ray Horsley
Developer, LinkIt! Software