Creating folder in OS 9

Karl Becker karl at karlbecker.com
Sun Jan 4 17:56:11 EST 2004

Hi Ray,

On Jan 4, 2004, at 12:13 PM, Ray Horsley wrote:

> On 1/4/04 2:12 AM, "Richard Gaskin" <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:
>
>> Karl Becker wrote:
>>
>>> I'm attempting to create a folder in Mac OS 9 (under MC 2.4.3) using
>>> something like:
>>>
>>> create folder tPath --  tPath looks like "/Mac
>>> HD/folder/real/path/myFolder"
>>> (similarly I've tried     create directory thePath   )
>>>
>>> For some reason, it's simply not creating this folder, and returning
>>> "Can't create folder" in the result.  It's doing this on my computer
>>> while running in Classic, and it's also doing this for other people
>>> who
>>> are booting into Mac OS 9.x.
>>

> I have better luck using "create directory".

I've done this, too, as it says, and I've gotten the same problems.

What was meant earlier when someone mentioned using answer folder?  The
folder definitely doesn't exist.

I'm trying to create a folder and stick a bunch of files into it when a
user clicks "Save", so having an answer folder solution, though a user
could create a new folder, doesn't do it as seamlessly as I want it to.

An AppleScript solution would be fine, too, if anyone knows of one.

Thanks,
Karl