Plugins menu

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Jan 2 17:23:14 EST 2004

On 1/2/04 1:07 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

>   Questions:
>
>      - Should it create the folder autimatically, throw an error,
>        or ask the user if it should create one?

None of those, I don't think. It should probably just return empty,
which would act like a silent error. The calling handler can test for
"empty" and act accordingly.

>      - Should functions in MC' backscript be prefixed with "mc"?

Don't think so. They aren't that way now.

> - If no plugins are in the folder, rather have than no menu at
>   all it has one diabled item, "None"
>
>   Question:  Should that be more descriptive, some think
>   "No plugins installed", or would that be too verbose?

"None" is okay with me. So is "No plugins" as someone else suggested.

> Process questions:
>
> - When making changes to the MC IDE, should the person making the
>   contribution post a note here to avoid potental version conflicts
>   with someone else who may be doing the same?

It would be a courtesy, and probably helpful.

> - How can we clearly distinguish the latest release build from test
>   versions for review in the Yahoo groups files section?

Good question. I draw a blank here. An appropriate suffix or extension,
maybe?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com