Win98 Issue - Launch App on Remote Volume

Alain Farmer alain_farmer at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 27 12:01:48 EST 2004

Hello Scott Rossi.

> Our (MC 2.4.2) app is designed to launch a second
> app ... works fine and reliably when run locally.
> When this is run under Win98 from a remote volume,
> our app runs fine but will not launch the 2nd app.
> The error returned in the result is "Not opened"

My guess is that it is a SECURITY issue. *Executing* a
program on another computer is almost always
proscribed, e.g. not allowed.

Therefore, you might want to look at the security
config for that program. Set it to allow "execute"
access but, of course, if-and-only-if you have the
necessary account and authentication information.

On a Mac, I would make sure that "Program Linking" is
on.

Hopefully not restating the obvious,

Alain