Using php

Pierre Sahores psahores at easynet.fr
Wed Feb 18 16:51:03 EST 2004

Le mer 18/02/2004 à 16:28, Brian Yennie a écrit :
> FWIW, I've also used a method similar to Pierre's for PHP script <->
> MetaCard daemon work.
> I have easily supported 50+ users hitting the system hard (with many
> database queries and a lot of HTML generation) on a modest server. Have
> yet to see where the maximum is.

The same experience there. I never had to serve more than 200 write-mode
connections peer second for yet (with, at least, an idle rate always
over 90% !)... Good to have lots of RAM (1Go is my choice). I'm not far
from sure that PHP/MC-Rev/PG can handle thousands under XServe even if
my apps are still running under olds Linux/Athlon 800...

> - Brian
>
> > And if the speed is as good as you keep telling us,
> > then that's even more proof of MC/RR as an excellent
> > platform for developing distributed business
> > applications.

Bien cordialement, Pierre Sahores

100, rue de Paris
F - 77140 Nemours

psahores at easynet.fr

GSM:   +33 6 03 95 77 70
Pro:   +33 1 41 60 52 68
Dom:   +33 1 64 45 05 33
Fax:   +33 1 64 45 05 33

Inspection académique de Seine-Saint-Denis
Applications et SGBD ACID SQL (WEB et PGI)
Penser et produire "delta de productivité"