Storing cgi data in stacks

Pierre Sahores psahores at easynet.fr
Wed Feb 18 15:38:00 EST 2004

Hi All,

Even if MC/Rev is really able to perform good results in accessing datas
in write mode concurrent accesses with flat-files accesses and locking
procs on stacks, a best practice is to bind it to an ACID compliant
RDBMS (PostgreSQL and Sybase ASE best suitable than Oracle, today) for
such kind of jobs. I use this way all the time and it rocks, even in
about hundreds of concurrent requests peer second (i never had any
server crash over the years).

Le mar 18/02/2003 à 15:31, Brian Yennie a écrit :
> I can't speak for MetaCard's behavior here, although my hope would be
> that it gives you an error message when you try to perform the second
> write.

snip

> HTH,
> Brian
>
> > And, more importantly, what steps could be taken in a cgi script to
> > make
> > this approach work, if any?  Like, if a stack was currently being
> > written
> > to, would darwin mc know that?  Is there some message returned like
> > "stack
> > is in use" or something that you could trap for?  And maybe make your
> > own
> > timeout?

Bien cordialement, Pierre Sahores

100, rue de Paris
F - 77140 Nemours

psahores at easynet.fr

GSM:   +33 6 03 95 77 70
Pro:   +33 1 41 60 52 68
Dom:   +33 1 64 45 05 33
Fax:   +33 1 64 45 05 33

Inspection académique de Seine-Saint-Denis
Applications et SGBD ACID SQL (WEB et PGI)
Penser et produire "delta de productivité"