PHP versus CGI

jbv jbv.silences at Club-Internet.fr
Wed Feb 18 09:59:36 EST 2004

> Can you elaborate? What kind of details? And did you mean "intrinsic" or
> "explicit"? ;-)
>
> > * PHP is safer than CGI unless you add a lot to CGI ;
>
> Actually, MC CGIs are probably the most secure as they will only run
> scripts that are in the cgi-bin folder with the engine. You can't send
> it a script to run "from the outside", so it will only do what it has
> been preprogrammed to do. Or at least that's my understanding...

A nice thing would be that someone with good CGI knowledge
and competences could right a short tutorial (with clear DOs and
DON'Ts) about using Rev CGI and how to configure a server
(privileges settings, etc) in that context.
This could be put online on the Developers web page at RR.

I'm sure lots of users would benefit from that. So far only bits &
pieces of info can be found on the MC or Rev lists archives.
If I had the knowledge, I'd gladly write such a tutorial...

Thanks,
JB