The Get-Post option...

Shari gypsyware at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 17 08:09:07 EST 2004

>  >> I think what you are looking for is an FTP upload?
>>>  post userList to url "http://www.someurl/list.txt"
>
>There are more than two methods, e.g. GET and POST.
>There are also other methods which get much less press
>than the two former ones. The PUT method, for
>instance, allows one to store content on a server as a
>[new] file.

Ahhh, now we're talking.  When I saw GET and POST, I assumed that
POST meant PUT but for the internet.  I am used to GET and PUT being
opposite sides of the same coin, one reads, the other writes.  So
seeing GET and POST, it seemed logical that POST worked as PUT did.

If I can keep a running "list" on the internet that gets updated from
within Metacard, that would be awesome, especially if it can be done
without risking opening a "hole" on my site.

--
--Shareware Games for the Mac--
http://www.gypsyware.com